sevenoaks club zoom information
Welcome to our zoom programme. I’ll be running our Sevenoaks club on Thursdays at 5pm.
This page contains all the information you need to set up each session:
where do i find the lesson content?
I will email it to you 24 hours before the lesson.
what if i don't have a printer?
If you set the zoom software up on your phone or a tablet, then your child can read the content straight from the computer screen, separately from the video meeting. If that isn’t possible, then simply open the sheets on your desktop and your child can read them there. The video window is small and can be slid to the side of the screen.
Will work be marked?
Yes, the work will be marked in detail and feedback given each week. Please upload whatever your child has completed by taking a quick photo or scan of it on your phone and uploading it using the button at the bottom of the page. Please don’t let your child’s work drop off the radar – get into a routine of uploading it immediately after the lesson if possible.
how do i set up zoom?
The lessons run live on zoom software.
To set it up in advance, download the software from this link to zoom. It is free to download.
Getting started on your laptop/desktop:
- Click on the blue zoom link button for your child’s year group (above this box).
- Choose the lesson by venue and time. Click the link at the agreed time, and join.
- Once you join you will need to look down to the bottom left of the screen where there is a camera icon. Click on this so that we can see your faces.
- If you’ve not set up the software don’t worry. When you click the link there is a ‘click here’ option but that won’t work quite yet.
- You will see an option to ‘join from your browser’. When you click on that it asks you for a password (this is a number in the original zoom email) and there is a box for you to fill in your child’s name.
- Then – with everything crossed – you should be in.
- Again, once you join you will need to look down to the bottom left of the screen where there is a camera icon. Click on this so that your child’s face can be seen by the teacher and the rest of their little club (if you would prefer your child to remain hidden from the club that’s fine).
zoom call tips and expectations
Please click the zoom link bang on time. Your child’s teacher will start the lesson on time, but not early, as they may have a lesson just before it.
Bottom left of your zoom screen is your ‘camera on/off’ icon and microphone ‘mute’ icon. Please check they are both on when you join us.
If your child is shy you may prefer to leave your camera off. They will be able to see their and any screen-shared sheets, and their teacher will be able to hear them.
Please ensure that your child is somewhere quiet (as possible) to work.
Please label your child (when prompted before joining) with their name and surname. It makes it easier for us to control access to the private link.
what else do i need to provide on the day?
Please provide your child with a pencil, a pen, a rubber and their club exercise books (I plan to deliver them back to you this week).
How do i return my child's work for marking?
Below is a colour-coded upload button for each year group.
Click the button and it takes you directly to a form. Fill in your child’s name and then..
Scan or photograph (with your phone) each single-page answer sheet and upload it. Attach it, Upload it and the please click SUBMIT.
When it the process is complete a thank you message should appear.
WATCH THIS VIDEO IF YOU ARE UNSURE (the video is from our mocks so not directly about club marking).