Live taught, 11+ comprehension lessons, specifically focused on the Kent Test 11+ and the ISEB Common Pre-test English papers.
Each half-hour online session is based on a new text (carefully chosen from the authors and sources favoured by the GL exam board).
Students will learn how to approach the content strategically
* to tackle a variety of texts
* to clarify their understanding of the characters and their motivation
* to avoid trips and tricks
* to use inference and deduction
* to assess the purpose/genre
* to spot the values of the author
* to choose the closest synonym for given vocabulary
* to recognise parts of speech
* to approach each question with caution
* and to ask challenging questions to clarify their understanding of why one answer is better than another.
First lesson 15 March 2023, final session 26 July 2023.
Any missed live session can be watched back on video (uploaded the following day).
£48 per month for 5 months (March to July) or £19.20 per month for Writing Club members.
£210 for the course or £96 for Writing Club members.
If your child is already a member of our Writing Club, please use your discount code